Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the big news that everyone already knows about

haha, well it's been about a month since i posted last, and i'm usually better about that. life is crazy always, but it seems like this last month has been even crazier! i'm almost embarrassed to post now since it's been as long as it has, but if jana can make a killer comeback, i can at least try to make a normal comeback :)

so the big news. haha. you already know.

dallin proposed on feb 21st, and we're getting married on may 1st! (may day. or mayday. take that how you will...) the day he proposed, he took me out to lunch at cafe rio (you know berk would approve if she were here) and then after work we went for a ride on his ruckus (which we have lots of memories on) and rode down to the park where he kissed me for the first time. at this point, i had no idea what he was planning, but we were driving around and saw some flowers on one of the benches. he said, "hey, i think those are for you!" and i said "no they aren't, some poor girl probably just left them here." and he tried to convince me that they were mine, but i didn't believe him until he said, "i'm pretty sure they're yours, because they're from ME." haha. well, we walked over to the spot where he had first kissed me and he told me he loved me and asked if i would marry him! i sat there SMILING huge and just looking at him. after about ten seconds (if you ask him, he'll say it was at least a minute) he said, "PLEASE SAY YES." so i laughed and said "yes, of course!"

we are so excited to be getting married (it's 57 days away, and no of course we haven't been counting down for months...) and start this new adventure!




7 comments:

Alison said...

Nothing is ever official until it's on the blog :) congrats. we are very excited for you.

Lauren said...

Oh Becki! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Pierce and Stacy said...

aww, good to hear the whole story now. So cute. I love the, "no, I'm pretty sure they're yours because they're from me." Cute. LOVE YOU! We will be there, I mean, if we're invited of course.

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Do you have the ring yet?!?! Because I REALLY want to see it! In person preferably but if not then a picture will do! Love you!

jes said...

HAHA! thank you for the added details! i knew i would never get them out of ammon! :) can't wait to see you in a few months! loves!

Katy said...

You look beautimous and I'm so happy for y'all!

Kirsten said...

you are so cute and I am so happy for you. I've been wondering when you were going to put it on the blog. Congrats!!