Friday, October 3, 2008

10 things i love about my car


some of you may not have heard about my car adventures this week. for those of you who have, just skip the next paragraph.

on friday my car started blowing out a lot of grayish-blue smoke. i was concerned but didn't have time to think about it since i was leaving town. on sunday, my awesome brother ben called and said he was looking for a new car and would i want to buy his? i said i was interested but i needed to figure out some things. well on monday, en route to lehi, my car gave up the ghost (as in, needs a new engine). right after that happened, ben called to say that he'd found a new car so his old one was mine as soon as i wanted it and he told me where the key was. i just feel really blessed as far as the timing of everything goes, thanks so much ben!

SO--i am now a proud possessor of a 1996 Saturn SC2. let me just tell you a few of the things that i LOVE about this car:
1- it is NOT the same age as me (i'm a sucker for younger men)
2- the locks both lock AND unlock (imagine that...)
3- both seat belts are fully functional (BORING...)
4- it has a radio/cd/mp3 player (i won't have to sing outloud to entertain guests anymore! actually, i might miss that...)
5- it has a mirror on the passenger side
6- the headlights pop up when you turn them on (SO snazzy)
7- it has a spoiler (now, if only it had a hood scoop)
8- it has all 4 hubcaps (this is real luxury folks)
9- it has leather seats
10- it has power steering

4 comments:

Matt said...

I don't like any of your options. I vote for Captain Huggyface!

robifam said...

I also don't like any of your options, especially Barack Whats-his-name. MY suggestion is "Black Beauty!" Enjoy! Love, MOM

Alison said...

I always thought it looked like "kit" from night rider. glad you like it and thanks for taking it off our hands :)

Mark said...

I was wondering... since you are thinking you want a hood scoop on your car, will you also put an erector set spoiler on top of the existing one? Pretty please... you know it would be so hot.