Thursday, October 16, 2008

i'm a pack rat of sorts

i keep old notes/letters/etc around just cuz i hate to throw just about anything away. lauren's post about the break-up letter reminded me of a sweet love poem that brady mortensen and i found on the floor one morning, senior year of high school. obviously fake (brent keate and dan gray wrote it), and so i'm pretty sure we read it outloud to our class. it still makes me laugh.
for your enjoying pleasure:


To Mike:
The sun in my shadow
The rose to my thorn
My wonderful hunk

I was totally wrong by writing that poem
It made me cry all the way home.
I don't know why I wrote you that thing,
Cuz you are so nice, and to me, you do sing.

Something came over me, I don't know why
But to make this up to you, I will truly try
Because I realized after that long trail of tears
That I have been lonely without you over the year

How can I go on without you in my life
Because you could be my husband, and me, your wife
I really don't care what my boyfriend thinks
Because he is weird, obnoxious, and he really stinks

The only reason that I take him to be mine
Is because all the money, he really treats my fine.
But I shouldn't put money over the worth of a man's soul
And to be your love I will do anything, even pay a toll.

You should pound my boyfriend like a bozo the clown punching bag
And make fun of his mis-shaped head so he will be sad
Or even call him a hag
So he will be mad

What I'm trying to say is "Win me over"
But make sure I'm healthy and very sober
I just wanted to apologize for that mean mean letter
I hope I can kiss your wounds and make you feel better

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love this love poem - amazing!

Sarah said...

oh wow. that was... great. i think it was inspired.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl how are you?? Gotta love blogspot to find old friends.