Monday, October 20, 2008

quirky? that's entirely possible


10 things you may not know (or want to know) about me:

1- unless it's a paper for school or something else important, i go out of my way to leave things uncapitalized (but i'm a stickler on punctuation). if open office tries to autocorrect, i undo it.

2- i'm consistently about 5 minutes behind schedule, but seldom consider myself as 'late.'

3- i can't leave things unread in my inbox. even if i haven't read it, i to change the email to 'mark as read'. if i don't i feel messy.

4- i can only fall asleep if i'm laying on my right side. everything else is very uncomfortable.

5- almost any movie has the capability of bringing tears to my eyes. happy, sad, sappy, whatever... i'll probably cry. if you don't believe me, just to kati. she's seen this happen MANY times. however, if i'm watching with boys, i'll try my darnedest to hold it in.

6- facebook/blog stalking: love it

7- i love everything awkward. i love making people feel awkward, i love feeling awkward. don't ask, i don't know why.

8- sending honeypots signed by other people makes me very very happy.

9- i've got mad procrastination skills (oh wait, everyone knows that already!) after several years in college, i've finely tuned these skills. i do a great job at putting something off (no matter the importance) until the last possible minute. homework, getting ready in the morning, leaving for work... you name it, i can come up with a way to procrastinate doing it.

10- i've recently come to the realization that i'm the mother figure in many of my relationships. for example:
-when i get home at night, the first thing i do is check to make sure kati is home and safe. i turn off the tv when she falls asleep with it on.
-i double check the deadbolt onthe door everynight (i don't want any strangers, or grant, breaking in).
-when colby rides his bike home from my apartment, i'll text him or ask him to text me to make sure he gets home safe.
-i tell people to not eat certain things because it might be unhealthy.
-i frequently tell people to do things themselves, but end up watching them over their shoulder to make sure they do it right.
etc. etc. etc. i can think of many more examples. i'm too young to be doing this...

what is something i don't know about YOU?

7 comments:

Kati said...

you wiener! was that you that turned off Mulan the other night?

Becki said...

actually no. i haven't turned off any cartoons

Alison said...

You don't know that "The In-laws" is on it's way to my house. If you come over I may just have some lorna doones in case we get hungry :) love you, quirks and all.

Becki said...

i'd forgotten about that! hahaha. great great movie! i may just take you up on that, lorna doone's and all :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie- I just found you on Buker's blog! I can't wait to catch up and see what you've been up to! I hope everything is bliss!

love, danielle
www.simplyjandme.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

love you!

Kirsten said...

Wow Becki, you sound like a once beloved but almost middle aged YW's leader who, by the way, still obsessively cleans those counter tops and makes sure the place mats line up perfectly with the bottom. It just gets worse as you get older. Best of luck to you!Lol!