Thursday, November 20, 2008

almost done

being the huge slacker/procrastinator that i am, i naturally forgot about two papers and a test due this week in addition to the rough draft of my capstone. hahaha (i'm hysterical about this, not because it's hilarious, but rather because i'm writing this on approximately 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night).

so monday, i sit down to work on my capstone and all the sudden remember that i have a paper due the next day in history 221 about two books that i have not read yet, let alone picked out. so i head up to the library, pick out two books to write the paper on and proceed to read (skim) them and laugh my head of with study buddy, colby. after trying unsuccessfully to get it all done at the library, i head home to "read" the other book.

i woke up early the next morning and wrote my 221 paper only to receive an email about the paper that is due in my e-business class the next day on another book (this time, i already had the book). so i finished my reading for 221 and then started to work on my next paper before class. after class was over, i rushed home to work on my paper so that i could proceed to my next important task. false. i went up to salt lake to hang out with dallin. when i got home late that night, i stayed up to finish "reading" that book. and i did of course.

wednesday morning i woke up and went to work until one. then i came home, wrote and submitted my e-business paper, and then frantically started writing more for my capstone paper. eleven hours and 15 pages later (at almost 4 a.m.) i closed the laptop after numerous potty breaks, food breaks, phone breaks, and story breaks. my rough draft was still very rough, but at least i had a copy to submit. (and yes, i spent over $5 making enough copies to distribute to my class this morning for critiquing purposes).

7 a.m. this morning saw me opening my eyes to a brand new day. another day full of so many things that i hope i can get them done. a short rundown of the things i have to get done today:

1- submit 6 copies of my paper to professor and students in class at 9:30 (done)
2- read and submit written report for supplemental accounting lecture (done)
3- attend supplemental accounting lecture
4- take post-lecture quiz
5- finish my calligraphy assignment
6- study for and take my calligraphy test early

only then does my thanksgiving break start, wahoo! i'm off to a good start today by blogging instead of studying. oh, and i should probably shower too. yeah, i'm awesome like that.

1 comment:

Katy said...

How bad was I snoring? I think I ask that every time you stay up and I'm asleep. I'm glad you got 15 pages written! Atta girl.

I made a list last night of things I have to do today:
1. Pay gas bill
2. Visit teach
3. J-Dawgs with home teachers
4. Talent show (this might get slashed off the list)
5. Market research analysis assignment
6. Powerpoint for 2 o'clock class
7. Pack
8. Apply for jobs before they close
9. Study for law test
10. Sign apartment contract

Today's a busy day, McBeck! I hope you make it through ok and have a lot of fun tonight. ;)